Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And here he is!

Lincoln Cruz Bostock

We officially have a new member of the family... Cruz Bostock! I have to admit I was getting a little impatient because Joni ended up having Carter a whole month early, but he came! Cruz came into this world on his due date, September 17th, 2008. He weighed 7lbs 15 oz, and was 2o inches long. He came out a bright eyed child, and completly perfect! While we were in the Hospital he did have low blood sugar, and ended up needing to be on oxygen, but to us he was as perfect as they come. He ended up have to spend 2 days in the NICU, but we were all able to come home together on the 19th of September. We did get to bring home oxygen, and billi lights to help with Jaundice as well, but we were absolutly thrilled that we got to bring him home. We didn't have to keep him on the lights for to long(it seemed like forever) but on Sept 23rd we got to get ride of the lights, and then we officially got to get rid of the oxygen on the 26th of Sept. It was pretty exciting to have a normal baby after that! While he was on the lights we couldn't hold him unless he was feeding, so the only time Drew got to hold him was to burp him after he fed, so we were thrilled to get rid of the lights! Cruz has been such a great baby!! We got a little excited after we got rid of the lights, and now he can't seem to fall asleep with out being in our arms...oops we just like him a little too much! We sure are thankful to our family and friends that have been helping us out so much this last while. It's amazing how everything seems to work out just fine when you have the help of family and friends, and the amazing power of prayer. Thanks everyone for all the love and support, and for the prayers! We love you all

12 comments:

Joni said...

Wow he really is so good looking! He also looks a whole lot older then just 2 weeks!! I sure love you Jill!!!

I & A said...

Jill your baby is so cute! He is seriously just the cutest little baby. I am so happy for you! When I come up to Logan I want to come see him. I hope all is well. love Ash

Mike and Traci said...

Yay! I'm SO excited we get to see a few more pictures! Thank you :)! The new pictures are so cute! You guys are so creative!! I just love the one of his feet and your rings! I just showed Ella the picture of Cruz and she smiled really big, I think they're going to be best friends!! Well, we hope all is going well. We love you guys lots!!

{Layla} said...

Hey friends!!! Cruz is absolutely gorgeous. I am sure you are sick of me saying that because I have commented how beautiful he is on just about every picture of him on facebook! Anyway, the pictures are amazing! Who took the photos? I want their name for sure (will they still be around when I finally have a baby is the question!). I didn't know you didn't get to hold Cruz while he was on bili lights!!! How completely sad! =( So when can I see him and hold him? I want to come visit you soon--are you open to visitors? Welp, love you guys! Give Cruz a squeeze for me! =)

Jen Jarrett said...

He is ADORABLE!!!!! I absolutely love the picture that is at the top of the blog. He is cute cute cute!!! Way to go Jill & Drew!

Princess Lisa said...

Jilligan! Hellllo!
So, you found my blog, eh? I'm glad I could entertain you! lol.

I was so excited to hear from you...now I'm your stalker for life. XoXo Lisa

Lee and Emilie Wilson said...

Jill~ he is so cute and I am glad that everything worked out. You and Drew are going to be great parents. take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill! This is Anna (Iverson) Swan....good to see your adorable new family! I do love your blog & love hearing your good news! Your baby is so gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Hi Jill, I found your blog from Ashley. Congrats on your new little baby! He is so cute! You will be a wonderful mom!

Alisha LeBaron said...

He is such a cute baby! Congratulations! Can't wait to see him at church!

Unknown said...

he is sooo cute!! I love his eyes!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

if you would like an invite to our newly made private blog email me at chareebmc@gmail.com thanks